Wednesday, October 30, 2013

It's coming, It's coming

   Tomorrow will be my holiday . . . Halloween. Santa is nice and the Easter Bunny is great, but my best memories as a child are when half the neighborhood would dress up and go door to door yelling "Trick or Treat." It was an all-evening affair that begin when we met at Davy Mason's house (Davy is now an about-to-retire OB- GYN physician who I can still hear saying "Ooh, girls, yucky") for a bowl of punch. When dark came about ten of us would begin going from house to house. Ever door was welcoming and every person who answered feigned fear of the goblins and spooks. When our bags were full we would end the adventure by spreading our candy and making trades. It was a great time.
    It has been a while since I added to my poor blog but right now I am in the midst of a book that takes me back to that time I remember so fondly. The Book, Baby Boomer, revolves around that fantastic music of the time, The Beatles, Petula Clark, Pat Boone, Bobby Vinton, The Four Tops, all of them. As I write, I play the music and almost relive those grand days.
    I have neglected my poor blog, but I believe with enough Petula, George, Paul, John and Ringo playing I might be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment