Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas

Most people make their plans for the coming year on New Years Day with a New Years Resolution. This is both logical and practical. I, on the other hand, make mine on Christmas Day. Why? I guess it's because it's the one season of the year I really love. I love the music. I love people's attitudes. I even like the Christmas shows on television. What better time to make plans?
After some additions and changes, The Priest and The Parson will be on Amazon this week.
Next year, I hope to add three books and a screenplay to my offerings. I have the first chapters of two of the books on the computer now and am excited about what is to come.
This morning I got a Christmas present from my father, a great accomplishment for a man who died forty-seven years ago. I have had my father's shaving brush in my drawer as long as I can remember. Also, as long as I can remember, I either used an electric shaver or shaving cream. For some unknown reason, this morning I pulled my father's shaving brush from the drawer and used it. It was wonderful! The warm lather was so much better than the cold stuff from a can and when I was finished I felt clean... something you don't get from an electric razor.
My father loved Christmas, it was the one day of the year he didn't go into the office. He loved the tree, he loved the music. I guess he loved he same things I do. This was a good Christmas. Thanks Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment