Monday, March 26, 2012

This Week

This has been a unique week. It has been a horrible week. It has been a good week.
It has been a horrible week because my beautiful friend of fourteen years passed away last Monday night at eight o'clock. He was a golden retriever and he was my friend.  I still have the urge to make his breakfast exactly as I have done every morning for so much of my life. I still talk to the spot in front of the fireplace where he loved to lay. Each morning, I go out and visit him at his new spot in the back yard under a weeping willow tree. I talk. He listens. It's just the way it has been for fourteen years. In my head I still see him look up at me like he understands every word.
It has been a good week because my latest book, Thrill Seekers II - The Return
went to the publisher last week. I hope to have the proofread done very soon and see it available shortly after. In the meantime, another book. . .  Thrill Seekers III - The Strawberry Clinic, is moving along well . . . very well. Actually, better than most. Why? I guess it's because when I'm thinking about Lynn and David Logan, my main characters, I can't think about my dog Max. Goodbye, old friend, we'll talk soon and we'll talk often.
Have a good day,
Thanks,
Dan
http://danweatherington.com
http://danweatherington.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment