Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter - One More Try

   Over the years, several people including one literary agent,  have either asked me or encouraged me, to adapt one of my books into a screenplay. And, I must admit, while the thought of seeing something I have written on a big silver screen or on a TV movie is daunting, it's also scary.
   Screenwriting is a different world. In a novel, you can say that John feels happy or sad. Your words indicate whether Mary feels betrayed or supported. In a screenplay, you must depend on a director that you will likely never meet to sense these things and then, you must hope that an actor, again that you will likely never meet, will convey these things in his or her emotions and demeanor so it comes across on the screen. It's a giant leap!
   Yet, yesterday morning I started adapting "The Thrill Seekers" into a screenplay. Yes, I've played with screenplays before, but somehow, I always moved them off the front burner. This time, it will be written. After all, there was a time when I hadn't sold a novel, and now... I have sold many. Hopefully, one day there will be a time when I have sold a screenplay. You never know until you try.
Happy Easter,
Dan
http://danweatherington.com
http://danweatherington.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment