Sunday, September 20, 2015

First, Let Me Say

     First, let me say. Chances are you neither want nor care about being on my mailing list. For this I apologize, but I just dumped my entire address book onto the list. If you don't care to receive these mailings there are two options: email me at danw@nc.rr.com and say "take me off" or just delete it unread. Personally, I find the delete key my friend and delete an average of 150-200 emails a day. Most, are trying to sell me something. These get a quick delete. The ones that I love are from my readers who want to comment on one or more of my books. They get my full attention.
     The Dix Hill Diary is moving along. This is a new area for me. Most of my past books were motivated by something I care for. In the case of the Thrill Seeker trilogy, I was totally in love with both David and Lynn Logan. The Dix Hill Diary, on the other hand, brings out emotions I almost fear. The fact that any politician could put thousands of people who need help on the street just so they could say "Look at me ... I reduced the budget" is offensive and immoral.
     I would like to take the book in the direction that it would undo what has been done. But that is unrealistic. I don't believe a book can do that. Then again, Uncle Tom's Cabin did start the Civil War!
Have a Great Day!
Dan
http://www.danweatherington.com/
http://danweatherington.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment